The delicious recipe featuring our Plant-Based Pork below was created by The Cheap Lazy Vegan!
- 1 package of JADA Brands Porkless Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (unsweetened)
- 1.25 cup breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- Around 6 tbsp of oil (I used around 3 tbsp when cooking 2)
- Add the Porkless mix into a large mixing bowl followed by water and oil. Mix well and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- On a plate, make the batter by whisking together flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, thyme, and salt. Pour in non-dairy milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add breadcrumbs to a separate plate.
- Take a handful of the Porkless mix and mold into flat, wide shapes (see video for reference).
- Dip each piece into the batter first, and then coat with the breadcrumbs (pack the breadcrumbs down using your hands). Repeat until you’ve finished breading all of the pieces.
- Heat plenty of oil in a pan and fry the schnitzels on medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve alone, with a salad, pasta, or anything you’d like~ Enjoy!
Read The Cheap Lazy Vegan's full recipe and feedback here.