This recipe was created by Purely Kaylie! Read the full recipe here.
This sweet & sour pork is:
- Vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free
- Easy to make & ready in 30 minutes
- Super flavorful, comforting, and satisfying
- Easily made soy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free
- A high protein vegan meal for the whole family to enjoy
- VEGAN PORK
- 1 package JADA’s Plant-Based Porkless Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- ½ cup pineapple juice (from a can)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup tomato paste (or unsweetened ketchup)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup pineapple chunks (from a can)
- Pour the porkless mix into a bowl. Add water and oil, then mix together to combine. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. After, scoop and shape the mix into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Lightly grease it with oil, then add the porkless bites. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until crispy, then flip to cook the other side. Remove porkless bites from the pan and set aside.
SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Warm the large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add oil, onion, garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and pineapple chunks. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions are fragrant and translucent.
- Pour sweet and sour sauce over the veggies. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. The sauce will thicken. If needed, you can add splashes of water to thin it again.
- Add the porkless bites to the pan and gently toss everything together.
- Serve sweet and sour pork over rice. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!