What We're Cookin' Up This Weekend: Vegan Breakfast Sandwiches!
Ingredients for Porkless Maple Sausage:
- 1 package of Porkless Mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp. oil (plus more for cooking)
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ¼ tsp. Ground sage
- ¼ tsp. Dried thyme
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- 3 tbsp. Maple syrup
To Make Breakfast Sausage:
- In medium mixing bowl, pour Porkless Mix.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings & maple syrup into the Porkless mix.
- Shape into patties or links, crumbles, etc.
- Cook with oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve as demonstrated on an english muffin with plant-based bacon, egg, and cheese for a breakfast sandwich. Optional: add spinach, tomato and avocado for a lighter option.