Easy and 100% Plant-Based Recipe: Lemon Greek Rice & Mediterranean Chick'n!
- JADA Mediterranean Plant Based Chick’n (1 package)
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbsp. of oil (separated)
- 1 tsp. Chicken Salt (Original)
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. Greek seasoning
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- Make Chick’n mix according to instructions
- Add 1 tsp. of Original Chicken Salt and mix in
- Cover and refrigerate for 10 minute
- In a medium size pot over medium heat, drizzle 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Add onion, garlic and rice.
- Toast for 3-5 minutes until onion begins to soften & garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add vegetable broth and greek seasoning.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover for 20 minutes.
- Shape Chick’n mix into small pieces.
- Cook with oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Once rice is done cooking, remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, zest, and fresh parsley.
- Serve rice and chicken together with cooked tomatoes, garnish with lemon and parsley.
Make your own Greek seasoning:
- 2 tsp Basil, dried
- 1 tsp Dill, dried
- 1 tsp Garlic powder, dried
- 1 tsp Onion powder, dried
- 2 tsp Oregano, dried
- 1 tsp Parsley, dried
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary, dried
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, dried
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp Salt