This recipe was created by Eat Figs Not Pigs! Read the full recipe here.
SUPER QUICK & DELICIOUS PLANT-BASED PORK RICE BOWLS!
This one’s for all those nights you can’t be bothered to cook an elaborate meal, but want something homemade and delicious! These simple, satisfying 20-Minute Spicy Ginger ‘Pork’ Rice Bowls are great for on-the-go! JADA Porkless Mix comes lightly seasoned, so it pairs perfectly with the stir fry sauce!
- 1 (5.3-ounce) box JADA Plant-Based Porkless Mix
- 2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 6 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (see recipe notes1)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sherry cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- White or brown rice, for serving
- Fresh mint, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Fresh lime wedges, for serving
- Thinly sliced pickled carrots, for garnish
- Crushed roasted and salted peanuts, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE 20-MINUTE SPICY GINGER ‘PORK’ RICE BOWLS
These bowls are easy – but you’d never know they only require 20 minutes because they’re packed with so much flavor! Here’s how to make ’em:
1. MAKE THE PORKLESS MIX
Pour the box of plant-based porkless mix into a bowl. Add 1 cup of the broth and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
2. SAUTÉ YOUR VEGGIES & PREPARE YOUR STIR FRY SAUCE
Meanwhile, heat some oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, sauté your aromatics until fragrant. While the onions, garlic, and herbs are sautéing, quickly mix your sauce. Place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. CARAMELIZE THE PORKLESS MIX AND SIMMER
Add the porkless mix to the sauté pan and continue to cook, mixing every so often, until the ‘pork’ is heated through and starts to caramelize. Increase the heat to medium-high and pour in the sauce. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and reduces.
Serve over rice with fresh minced mint, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Garnish with pickled carrots and crushed peanuts and enjoy!